- Pack one room a day, leaving enough time to repair and clean the apartment before returning the keys.
- Be completely done on moving day and watch the movers load everything in the truck while grinning because for the first time ever we actually paid people to load and unload the truck.
- Eat lunch on our way to Virginia.
- Unload the truck into the storage unit at 5:00 pm.
- Go out to eat and celebrate!
http://sourcepointexperience.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=https://sourcepointexperience.com/ Reality (what actually happened):
- Pack everything that can fit in a box. Not enough time to be organized.
- Pay someone an absurd amount of money to paint the whole apartment back to the original color.
- Thank God for having a friend that owns a cleaning company who offered to have someone clean our home and steam the carpets.
- Movers arrive really late and take way longer to load the truck than we expected. Did we mention we live on the second floor and there’s a mile (it feels like a mile) walk to the parking lot?! It turns out it’s a pain for everyone.
- Not eat lunch.
- Do six loads of laundry.
- Take six more hours of packing after the movers are gone and the truck is overfilled and still have more stuff in the apartment that needs to be carried to the car. Did we mention we live on the second floor and there’s a mile walk to the parking lot?!
- Decide between dying on the way to Virginia (by falling asleep at the wheel) or sleeping in a hotel.
- Choose the worst, most disgusting hotel possible. If I were not feeling like there was no tomorrow I would have taken some pictures just to prove it. Scary!
- Sleep four hours and start driving.
- Unload everything into storage.
- Lock ourselves out of the car.
- Roll ourselves into fetal position and start crying like a baby because this move is extremely exhausting in so many ways, physically, emotionally …
After spending the night at a (now decent) hotel
and taking way more than the recommended dosage of Ibuprofen we traveled back to South Carolina to finally breath and be able to enjoy one last week there.
It was an awesome last week even though I was still recovering from the crazy weekend :)
Tomorrow I’m sharing what I’ve learned with the 10 Best Moving and Packing Tips. Make sure you don’t miss it by subscribing at the top of the sidebar on your right and following along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Etsy.