This Kiwi Exfoliating Facial Cleanser is great for brightening up your skin. Did you know Kiwi has more Vitamin C than orange? Surprising, right?! And we all know more Vitamin C equals more antioxidant power, which delays the effects of aging and sun exposure by neutralizing the free radicals that damage the healthy skin cells. Your body also needs vitamin C to produce collagen – the connective protein that helps firm the skin. Besides the good ol’ vitamin C, Kiwi is full with Vitamin E, which decreases facial lines and wrinkles when applied topically.
We are also adding Jojoba Oil to the mix. Jojoba oil mimics our natural oils and it is non comedogenic (it won’t clog your skin)! And instead of using salt as an exfoliator, like we did with the previous recipes, this recipe contains sugar – which makes it all good of course. We are literally stuffing our face in sugar. Go for it!
- Slice kiwi and puree it in a mini food processor.
- In a small container add sugar, jojoba oil and castor oil. Stir.
- Add the pureed kiwi (approximately 1 tablespoon) into the container and mix well.
- Apply the cleanser on the skin, massaging it gently.
- For maximum benefit leave it on for at least 15 minutes (optional).
- Wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth.
- For a softer scrub use only 1 tablespoon of sugar or less. If you would like a more coarse scrub, add the sugar until your desired consistency, up to 2 tablespoons.
- You can also adjust your oil ratio. Castor oil can be too drying for some people. Instead you could use two teaspoons of jojoba oil and 1 teaspoon of castor oil. I personally I like the 50/50 combination.
- The fruit or vegetable is always optional. But if using kiwi, store it in the refrigerator.
- Give your skin some time to adjust to the oil cleansing method. It is normal to notice some breakouts as the toxins and impurities leave the skin.
Wednesday we are on to the Strawberry Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. Follow along and subscribe by typing your e-mail on top of the sidebar.
If you would like a head start, and/or you just need a cute container to store the cleanser, stop by the Te Amo Too Shop and get the Kiwi Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. The only thing you need to do when the package arrives is add the fruit! The recipe and directions will be in the container, for easy access. And it also comes with a free wash cloth.
Sources and Resources
Jojoba Oil from Acne.org