Hello, everyone! We started our exfoliating cleanser journey with a common ingredient in the beauty department: the tomato. And today, as we finish with the different recipes, I have another salad addition for your face: the cucumber. Cucumber is not that odd because we have all seen or experimented placing a couple of slices over our eyes. It is so refreshing, and this facial cleanser is no different!
Cucumbers contain silica and caffein acid which reduce swelling (aka puffiness). They are known for brightening, soothing and cooling the skin. Both cucumber and hemp seed oil are anti-inflammatory. Which is why they work great together.
Hemp Seed Oil is rich in fatty acids and proteins, and contains a high level of chlorophyll. It has a comedogenic rating of zero, meaning it won’t clog your pores and at the same time it will help balance the skin’s sebum production.
- up to 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon hemp seed oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon castor oil
- Puree cucumber in a mini food processor.
- In a small container add sugar, hemp seed oil, olive oil and castor oil. Stir.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the pureed cucumber into the container and mix well.
- Apply the cleanser on the skin, massaging it gently.
- For maximum benefit leave it on for at least 15 minutes (optional).
- Wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth.
- For a softer scrub use only 1 tablespoon of sugar or less. If you would like a more coarse scrub, add the sugar until your desired consistency, up to 2 tablespoons.
- You can also adjust your oil ratio. Castor oil can be too drying for some people. Find out what works better for your own skin.
- The fruit or vegetable is always optional. But if using cucumber, store it in the refrigerator.
- Give your skin some time to adjust to the oil cleansing method. It is normal to notice some breakouts as the toxins and impurities leave the skin.
If you would like a head start, and/or you just need a cute container to store the cleanser, stop by the Te Amo Too Shop and get the Cucumber Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. The only thing you need to do when the package arrives is add the fruit or vegetable! The recipe and directions will be in the container, for easy access. And it also comes with a free wash cloth.
This post has been featured at Inspiration Spotlight from Dear Creatives. Thank you Theresa!
Sources and Resources
Homemade Cucumber Face Wash Recipe by Suzanne Ridgeway
Hemp Seed Oil by Mountain Rose Herbs
The New Holy Grail Acne Treatment by Holistic Health Herbalist