So glad to have you back. I hope you are enjoying the exfoliating facial cleansers series. By the end, you’re going to have so many options that your most difficult decision is going to be which one to try out first. An easy decision would be to add the super rich avocado oil to your beauty routine.
Avocado oil has a high amount of vitamins and essential fatty acids. The vitamins A, B1, B2, D and E make the oil antioxidant rich, while the omega 3 fatty acids nourish even the driest skin. It is one of the most deeply penetrating oils because its fatty acids are very similar to the skin’s own sebum. Avocado oil boosts collagen production, heals sun damage and age spots. The oil helps with skin conditions such as blemishes, eczema and psoriasis because it contains sterolins (natural steroids) which are anti inflammatory and immune modulating.
- up to 2 tablespoons sea salt
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ tablespoon castor oil
- ½ tablespoon honey (for dry skin) or lemon juice (for oily skin)
- In a small container sea salt, oils, honey or lemon juice and stir.
- Apply the cleanser on the skin, massaging it gently.
- For maximum benefit leave it on for at least 15 minutes (optional).
- Wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth.
- For a softer scrub use only 1 tablespoon of sea salt. If you would like a more coarse scrub, add the sea salt until your desired consistency, up to 2 tablespoons.
- You can also adjust your oil ratio. Castor oil can be too drying for some people. Instead you could use two teaspoons of avocado oil and 1 teaspoon of castor oil. I personally like the 50/50 combination.
- Give your skin some time to adjust to the oil cleansing method. It is normal to notice some breakouts as the toxins and impurities leave the skin.
Monday we are coming back with a Kiwi Exfoliating Facial Cleanser, if you don’t want to miss it, subscribe by typing your e-mail on top of the sidebar.
If you would like a head start, and/or you just need a cute container to store the cleanser, stop by the Te Amo Too Shop and get the Avocado Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. The only thing you need to do when the package arrives is add the honey or lemon juice! The recipe and directions will be in the container, for easy access. And it also comes with a free wash cloth.
Sources and Resources
Avocado Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs