I’m so happy you are here.
Today I want to give you a little tour into Olivia’s Nursery – you can see more pictures of this little booger right here.
To start this room we need to go to the place where all dreams begin, to a place that gets your creative juices flowing, a place where all the impossible seems possible:
Pinterest, of course!
One of my very first pins (oh milestones) was this office by Mary McDonald.
Isn’t it beautiful?!
To start the decorating process, I asked myself what everyone should ask after pinning something they like, or finding any other source of inspiration:
next What do I like about this image?
I like the aqua wall color. I like the painted tree underneath the frames. I like the black and white pictures and frames forming a gallery wall. And I like all the white furniture.
So that’s what I’m going after and keeping my focus on.
The crib came from my girls pink nursery. We sold one crib and kept the other one for baby Olivia. So we turned the pink nursery into a pink bedroom. And left a little girl wondering what had happened to her crib.
I shared with you all (here) that with baby number one I spent a great deal of time nesting. Trying to make everything look and feel perfect. And with baby number 3 this happened:
Now, before you think I’m irresponsible, I did test the paint color on the walls first!
see what I did there?!
I decided to go with a light gray wall color and one accent wall in aqua. Remember to test your color with different lighting as it changes drastically throughout the day. As you can see below:
So come on in. No need to be quiet. She’s not sleeping right now.
- Wall Color: Stone White by Glidden in Eggshell Finish
- Accent Wall Color: Sea Tickle by Valspar in Eggshell Finish
- Crib: White Ashleigh 4 in 1 Convertible Crib by Graco from Walmart
- Crib Bedding: Harper Nursery Bedding Collection from Pottery Barn Kids
- Window Coverings: Ruched Drape Panels are from PB Teen
- Silver Curtain Rod with Square Finial is from Target (in store).
- Sweetheart Vanity and Stool is from Amazon
- Tissue Pom Poms and Fans are from Shop Sweet Lulu
- Extra Large Blossom Tree Vinyl Decal is from Leo Little Lion
- Cheval Mirror in White is from Amazon
- White Dresser: hand me down.
- Black frames are from Target (Restyle Collection) and from Walmart (Canopy Collection)
- Butterfly boxes, grey laundry hamper and striped basket are from Home Goods.
- Stuffed Owl is from Pier 1 Imports
- Ceramic Aqua Flower Hook is from Anthropologie
- Bookshelves are from Target (no longer available)
- Cloud Shelves are from the Land of Nod
- My Pinterest Inspiration Board for Olivia’s Bedroom
We rent our apartment so some things are not our personal choice. Like trim color, door color and knobs, popcorn ceiling and ceiling fan, and carpet.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little tour. If you would like to see my girl’s shared pink nursery click here. Come back tomorrow to see the white dresser transformation and soon I’m gonna show you Olivia’s First Birthday Party – a little hint is sitting on each of the cloud shelves!